I have no idea! :) The past few months we have been watching the list for a place we might want to call home for the next few years. For those not associated with the Navy, when it's time to find orders you watch for the billets. When ships need someone for a certain job they post a billet (this part reminds me of the classifieds) Depending on what your rank is and what you do there are certain orders that you can fill (this would be job requirements). If you find something you're interested in you tell your detailer (this would be when you'd fill out an application). Then the new ship decides if you fit what they need (like interviews). We get 3 chances for this to happen, if we are able to get a spot than great, if not they just hand out whatever. (Like if you can't find a job quick enough your wife makes you work at McDonald's). We are now entering the 3rd month. There have been some unfortunate setbacks so we still don't have orders. As of last month the only positions available were in Japan. We are optimistic but know there is a possibility that might be where we are headed. It's amazing how ok I am with that.
Since I have no idea where we will be living in the next 6 months all DIY projects have halted. I have been informed if we go to Japan, space is limited and the homes are small so furniture is only necessities. When we know more I will resume my normal projects.
Until then I will be thoroughly enjoying my summer in beautiful Sun Diego. The next few months will be spent laying by water... whether at the pool, beach, or water park. It will also be spent enjoying my family and friends as much as possible. 3 months of drinking in sun and sand and all the other wonderful things life has to offer.

What a wonderful life for this happy housewife!
No comments:
Post a Comment